June 02, 2012

Scream – Flash 55

The Scream. By Edvard Munch


I woke-up from a nightmare... I was trapped in a room full of snakes. Throat burning, took a stroll down the dark corridor to get a drink. Suddenly, I felt something climb-up my leg. My blood-curdling scream woke the neighbors up.

It was a frog. Embarrassed... hope for poisonous snakes the next time I scream.

***

P.S: Time- 3.00 am. Wrapped up my studies and went down-stairs with half open eyes. The dark living room at this ungodly hour was serving party for a couple of nasty frogs hopping about our house. Stepping on their squishy bodies and having them jump up on my feet in retaliation was not the kind of thing to be expected at this time of the night. I cursed loudly, but they were just frogs. And for all I know, they might be cursing me too for the intrusion. Nonetheless, decided to scream my head off in this F-55!!

18 comments:

  1. Good one, Neha!
    ...the painting is a well known one for its having fetched the highest price ever...but I love it for its art(obviously I can't possess it:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I was reading about this painting. It basically inspired the masked character in the movie series: scream.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Good One. I can imagine the amount of fright these things can give in the middle of the night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha, awesome!! loved it! even i am not very fond of frogs. and now i have to read about that painting after reading Amit's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that's scary.. Well expressed :) And that painting speaks thousand words.. Its beautiful.. No wonder it has fetched the highest price :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sonia :) and yeah, I just put the painting pic for fun, and later learnt it's one of the top prized paintings. My comic 55 doesn't do it justice though! :P

      Delete
  5. I too get such horrible dreams....Nice painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now thats a scary one :P nice connection between the painting and the post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your postscript disappointed me. Instead of a couple you could have 55 frogs! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ valli, I've never dreamed of snakes in my life. Just made it up :P

    @Ash, thank you :)

    @umashankar, eew, I'd rather encounter a scary ghost than be surrounded by 55 slimy frogs! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. lolz i cudnt imagine it will end with a frog :D nicely intended n a nice read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Think of it, in some parts o' the world, frogs are a delicacy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ewww..the encounter must have been freaky...the 55-word fiction waseven more impactful :)))Lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it was horrible :P...Thanks again :))

      Delete

Would Love to hear your Feed back!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...