June 29, 2012

A letter to an Arrogant Bastard.


Dear Mr. Random Arrogant Stranger,

You know very well that you have just met me and that you are just a random person that I happen to have the ungracious apathy to meet on this particular, random day. I showed you the basic formal respect like any normal, educated human being would show and in return, what do I get? A humiliating and a disrespectful sneer form your mouth. Who gave you the rights to just come to me and open up a conversation with the plagiarizing words that not only makes me feel humiliated but also hurts me in a way that you can’t understand because of your arrogance. You came to me and made a low-down statement by calling me and my friends’ fat and further attempted to bring down our spirits by stating that we don’t “work-out” enough. Who the hell do you think you are to call me fat to my face? And don’t you know that it’s none of your business at all, to ask what I do with my life? You just met me 5 minutes back and you think yourself as someone to whom I’ll listen and talk about my weight issues. Are you my dietician or are you my guardian? Just because you are old enough to be respected by the society, that doesn’t give you any right to come up to young women like me and my friends and call us fat. Did you really think that while you made that fat statement, we all would cry our eyes out ask you advice on losing weight? Did you seriously think that while displaying your utter stupidity? I can see why you thought you could rule any women by your arrogance. While I was giving you a piece of my mind on how to behave in public, I noticed your daughter and your wife, standing behind you, silently and helplessly watching you lose your face in public as I made sure people around us heard what a grave mistake you had done today by coming up to us for no reason and calling us fat. I guess you are so used to rule your conservative women at your home. But not even for a minute did you think that outside your house, women are different, strong and bold and that you are in no way capable to rule them with your arrogance.

I asked you one question for which you were incapable to answer and in turn that shut your arrogant mouth up. I asked, “Have you looked yourself in the mirror lately? Do you really think you are so perfect that you can strut around with your balding head and a pot-belly that you possess and can come up to me with your imperfections and point out to me, my flaws?” Are you so blinded by your arrogance that makes you think yourself as a superior man and makes me and my friends less superior and hence we should be called by the word “FAT”? Even as I asked you these questions, there you were, still arguing with me that “as a human being, you had to make that statement to make me realise how much I weigh”. FYI MR. Arrogant-bald-headed-man, I know very well about my body nature and I don’t need some random third person to come to me and point out my flaws. This is modern society mister, so stop being so blindly stupid. Long gone are the days where you could have your way with women. If you don’t show me respect, you sure as hell won’t get any respect from me. Just because you are old enough to be my dad (which you incidentally stated while I was ripping your arrogance apart with my words), that doesn’t make you genetically my dad, does it? And don’t you even for a minute compare your lousy self to my dad, because if my dad were to be here while you made that statement, he would have literally punched you in the face. This is a fact and I’m one hundred percent true in my words, so stop arguing with me further, uncle ji. I was blatantly euphoric to have further shut your arrogant mouth when I asked you, “If some random guy came up to your daughter and called her a slut, would you have kept quiet?” You may not have called me any bad names, but making a statement about my body is just as bad. In fact, it’s worse. 

You saw only my physical exterior and thought yourself as a god who would grace upon my soul and make me realize how unhealthy I am and in turn you dreamed yourself to be my saviour by imagining that I would fall to your feet and tell you in a teary voice, “Uncle-ji you have opened my eyes, I never realised that I was fat, until now. Thank you for calling me fat, I will lost my weight and I will always remember you for opening my eyes”, I guess that’s the attitude you posses. By now you must know, that I don’t give a rat’s fart for people like you. I know very well what I am and I don’t need a lecture from you, you random moron. I know what I’m going through and I very well know what I’m doing with my life to stay healthy. And incidentally, this is not at all the point for this post. This post is about you and your arrogance and how not to cross your limits with women or any other person for that matter. Learn to show some basic respect Mister “know-it-all”. Only then will people respect you back. And when you finally realised that you lost your argument and shamelessly excused yourself, without even an apology, your daughter came up to me and apologized to me on your behalf. You should be glad to have a daughter like that who cleans up your mess after you. I pity your wife and daughter, who are currently living, helplessly under your arrogant shadow.

I was happy to have humiliated you because you deserved every word I said today, but none of those words were rude but strong enough to pierce your icy arrogance. You should be glad that you don’t understand Kannada, because as you walked away, my friends called you names that would have made your mother wish that she had never given birth to you.

The next time you decide to speak your mind without thinking in front of a person, I’m sure you will remember me and my words.

                                                                                                                 Yours most truly,
                                                                                                                A strong, independent woman.

23 comments:

  1. Well written... ideally, no one should pass cutting comments on the appearance and weight of another. It erodes the self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, self-esteem will definitely be lowered if girls are too sensitive and self-obsessed. But this society will crush those poor souls who can't defend themselves. I say, the biggest defense mechanism for any person, is to stand up to ourself and always have the last word, in cases like these.

      Delete
  2. I've heard the phrase to pay back in one's own coin. Women should start reacting strongly during adversities. But dragging his daughter into the whole conversation was unnecessary and balant. That leaves no difference between you and him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firstly, I never "dragged" his daughter into anything and secondly, you are missing the whole point of the post. I'm rightfully angry on the daughter too because, she knew what he said was wrong and yet, she only mastered the courage to apologize only after her dad was out of ear-shot. And from one woman to another, she knew she could have intervened in the middle of the argument but she didn't. Maybe even I became rude in the end, but the guy asked for it. Long gone are the days where I would try to "ignore" the random comments thrown by random strangers for no reason whatsoever.

      Delete
  3. nice post..well its not only about weight gains, unnecessary criticisms can never win some one's heart..well written post:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well written. Boy, That has a lot of anger and fury :) I understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nim friends yella seri baayige banda haage baidra? Hahhahaha
    Would have loved to read a little background for this post Neha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baayige banda ge ne baibekaaitu. Inthavranella sumne hogli antha bidabaardu.

      Delete
  6. Good thing u kicked his ass..what a loser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoah Cool down girl :)
    Pepsi ?
    now at Rs 8 onlyyyyyyyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  8. gud thing done neha :)

    chk this one out too ..... and provide your valuable feedback

    http://saurabhchawla2345.blogspot.in/2012/06/framed-lover.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Mak, that is, the English part of his comment Please write the prequel too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. ho ki raha hai duniya wich..

    i mean, how come people presume the right to make sheer comment like this.

    whatsoever, you gave him deserving reply.

    TIT for TAT.

    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Mak & Umashankar, there is no prequel to this post. I have just narrowed down the details and high-lighted the "arrogance" some people tend to carry about in this society. This happened recently when I & my friends were on an outing. We met this man who was rude to us and he thought he could have his way with his rudeness. But as it turns out, I had my way with my words.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Powerful..strong..sensible and yet cool!
    A very nice post, Neha:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your letter resemblance to “A open letter to Delhi Boy”…lol…:P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel that no person should walk up to another and dish out unwanted advice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you over reacted ..... just my feeling! Going out of the way and calling names to his daughter was too much.
    I agree that uncle ji was wrong but again wats the point of stooping to his level ..!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was making a point for him to understand. I had to be harsh because because the man was in utter denial that what he had said was "normal". And if defending my self-respect with an argument that serves its purpose is called as over-reacting, then I'd rather over react than just let people like him think they can have their way with their rude arrogance.

      Delete
  16. Ewww...that was a strong letter, Neha !So well penned and appropriately served :))) Wish, I were as strong as you...! Kudos...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ma'am. I wrote it in a spur of anger though. I normally hate spreading negativity but I couldn't let this one go. I'm not really that strong per se, but I'm getting there. :)

      Delete
  17. Very good post Neha! It really packs a punch and the words are really well chosen. I almost feel vicarious satisfaction seeing an arrogant bastard get what he deserves! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would Love to hear your Feed back!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...